Friday, February 12, 2016

You Are Normal




I love this talk. Not because it's new or groundbreaking ideas; I've heard all this before.

Rather, I love it because I wish I'd learned it earlier.

These are hard truths that I had to come by on my own. Over years of my life.

Years wasted thinking there were so many things wrong with me.

Years thinking that I was fundamentally flawed.

Unworthy.

Broken.

I love this talk not because it could teach me that I am worthy, am normal, but because it has the potential to teach others that.

Hopefully, sooner than it took me to figure that out.

Because we waste so much time as a culture, as a people, as a species, worrying about how things should be, how we should be.

What a waste.

It took me so long--and is still something I have to remind myself sometimes--to learn that, if it's not harming anyone, it's fine.

It's normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment